Today, we are officially announcing a new initiative to steward and accelerate the growth of Secret Network. Secret Network Action Campaigns (SNACs) are focused on empowering and funding community members to gather resources and solve a problem within and/or support the Secret Network ecosystem! Up to 200,000 SCRT ($600,000+) is being made available initially towards funding and accelerating proposals that drive massive growth of the network and adoption of its products - and the first SNACs have already begun!
SNACs are focused on empowering community members to directly gather resources and solve a problem within the Secret Network ecosystem. Thanks to the excellent work of the Education Committee, we've designed and drawn up the initial SNAC Process - the steps required to get funded for your idea.
The first step of the SNAC process is to write your proposal and post it on the Secret Forum. There is a template available on Agent HQ to get you started. The proposal should outline your idea, the goals, targets, planning and resources needed. SNACs are posted on the forum as we believe it is key that the community can offer up feedback and ideas for any potential SNAC proposal that wants or needs funding.
Once the SNAC has been posted to the forum, the respective committees will review the SNAC and organize an approval meeting with the approval committee - which approve the SNAC by finalizing funds and the funding schedule. Currently, the review committee consists of committee leads as well as Secret Foundation representatives.
It is important to know that the Secret Foundation works directly with individuals who are to be funded via SNACs. The Secret Foundation functions as an escrow that releases the funds as the SNAC proposal meets KPIs and milestones.
Since the idea for the Secret Network SNAC Program was put on the forum for open discussion, multiple SNACs have been proposed. We are happy to share that two proposals have already been accepted:
- JuniorJunior’s SNAC proposal for Instagram Growth. JuniorJunior will be leading the effort to build the Secret Network Instagram community, an important social media channel (especially so for SecretNFTs).
- Rangerranger / Pmuecke's SNAC proposal for the Automated Awareness Bridge. The bridge will digest on-chain information in real time and distribute it in summarized reports where users congregate (Telegram and Twitter). Automated publishing of impactful transactions and on-chain updates will allow community and investors to more easily digest information on the growth and state of the network.
These are the only approved SNACs currently, but note that this doesn’t mean other SNACs have not been approved - they are still pending approval.
Share your ideas!
Every individual within the Secret Network community is key to the future of Secret Network, and your ideas are key to unlocking the full potential of a private and decentralized future. We believe a committed and collaborative community is the most important thing any of us can build - and it is the fundamental source for any meaningful change!
Looking For SNAC Ideas?
There is no more consequential way to get involved with Secret Network than to become a Secret Agent and join a community committee. Committees are made up of experts and enthusiasts working together to build our network and ecosystem by executing Secret Missions. From Awareness, to Development, to Education, to Design, there's a committee to fit every community member. There is an excellent opportunity to identify potential SNACs by talking with committees and identifying current needs!
Committees meet weekly and help drive Secret-focused projects to completion. Secret Agents can receive SCRT rewards for their committee work and direct support from all the active teams in our ecosystem, including the Secret Foundation.
If you’re interested in becoming a Secret Agent and joining any of the committees listed below (or creating your own!), please visit the Agent Recruitment page on Agent HQ and fill out the application form.
- Development Committee
- Education Committee
- Awareness Committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- Governance Committee
- Business Development Committee
- Analytics Committee
- Design Committee
- Website Committee
SNACs now join a long list of other possibilities for receiving funding for your ideas in the Secret Network ecosystem, including:
- Secret Network Grant Program, focused on the creation of critical applications and tooling for Secret Network ($50M+ in funding available!)
- Secret Network Fellows, where talented individuals work full-time in the Secret Network ecosystem for 3 months concentrating on Secret Network related dApp/ tooling development. For this work developers can receive competitive compensation in SCRT, stable coins, or a combination of the two.
- On-chain funding directly from the Community Pool, where on-chain proposals to fund initiatives can be passed or signaled. Previously the community pool has funded initiatives like Figment DataHub, Keplr Wallet, and more!
We can't wait to see what SNACs you create and execute. Our community of Secret Agents is standing by, ready to assist and enable your visions. Good luck, and happy SNACing!
Onwards and upwards!
To discuss Secret Network and Secret Apps, visit our community channels: